Friday, May 1, 2015

Baked Acorn Squash with Cinnamon and Raisins


When I was young I really did not have much of a taste for squash except for my moms pan fried zucchini. Some things do change I now enjoy many types of squash! Below is my simple recipe for baked acorn squash with cinnamon and raisins. We use it as our dessert because it tastes like dessert.




You will need...
One Acorn Squash (carefully cut in half)
Butter 1-2 tablespoons for each half
Brown Sugar 1/4 cup or a bit more for each half
Cinnamon 1/4-1/2 teaspoon for each half
Raisins a small handful for each half (more if you like or none at all)
8x12x2 baking pan or other size that works for you
Foil
2 1/2 - 3 cups water
Cooking Spray
Oven preheated to 400 degrees





Wash the squash and cut in half being careful it is a bit awkward. Scoop out the seeds then rinse the inside of the acorn in cold water. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place acorn squash in baking pan adding all four ingredients lastly add the water to pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 40 minutes then remove foil and bake another 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. If a half is larger than you want you can cut them in half again after baking spooning the syrup over each quarter.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

Kelly ~ Our Everyday Harvest said...

This looks yummy! I love acorn squash!

Thank you for joining the May Everyday Friends Monthly Blog and Social Media Hop ! Have a great weekend! ~Kelly, Our Everyday Harvest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews Last 7 Days

Disclaimer & Disclosure Statement For/By Easy2Save Blog

Disclaimer: I may receive compensation from other websites I mention on my Easy2Save blog. You should probably assume I do. Sometimes (often) products I promote I receive for free.

Disclosure: You should assume that the owner of this website is an affiliate for providers of goods and services mentioned on this website. The owner may be compensated when you purchase after clicking on a link. The owner may also have received the product for free. Perform due diligence before purchasing from this or any other website.



Posted by Easy2Save





RSS Feed

http://easy2save.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Powered By Blogger